Toffee Pumpkin Pie
Toffee is a perfect compliment to the pumpkin and spice flavors of a classic pumpkin pie. This recipe was given to me by my mother and it quickly became a Thanksgiving favorite for me.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat pumpkin, sugars, spices, vanilla and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add milk, cream and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Sprinkle crushed toffee over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour pumpkin mixture carefully over the toffee; some pieces may float to the top, gently push them back into the filling.
- Place pie plate on a cookie sheet in the center of the oven.
- Bake until set; about 1 - 1.5 hours.