Peanut Butter Caramel Candy Bar Squares
Inspired by Peanut Butter Candy Bar Squares at Bake or Break
- 16 oz chocolate chip cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 14 oz coarsely chopped assorted candy bars (Twix (Butterfinger, Milkyway, Three Musketeer, Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups))
- 17 oz caramel ice cream topping (not syrup)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13"x 9" pan with non-stick aluminum foil, allowing it to extend over edges of pan.
- Melt together butter and peanut butter for the crust.
- Combine crushed cookies and peanut butter and butter mixture. If the crust is too moist add graham cracker crumbs as necessary up to 1/2 cup. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 4-6 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Heat caramel ice cream topping in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it slightly.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bars over prepared crust.
- Drizzle caramel over toppings.
- Carefully spoon the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the caramel and toppings. Gently spread it to the edges of the pan so all of the caramel is covered.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Using foil, lift out of pan. Peel foil away, and cut into 2 - 3 inch bars.