These muffins are chock full of holiday flavors, perfect for any holiday breakfast or brunch.
Maple Pecan Double Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are chock full of holiday flavors, perfect for any holiday breakfast or brunch.Print Pin
Servings: 18 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin eggnog
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/2 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cream
- 4 - 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pecans (toasted and finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 18 standard muffin cups.
To make the Muffins:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the milk, pumpkin milk, eggnog, pumpkin, egg, oil vinegar and butter pecan extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the Glaze (Optional):
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream cheese, maple syrup and cream until completely blended and smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar 1 tbsp at a time until the glaze is smooth and forms thick ribbons off the end of the whisk. If the glaze is too thin add more powdered sugar, if it is too thick add more cream.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled muffins and sprinkle with the finely chopped pecans.
To really punch up the flavor substitute maple glazed pecans for the toasted pecans, butter pecan extract for the vanilla and eggnog for the cream in the glaze.