A simple pie crust recipe. Makes crust for two 9"-10" pies or one 9"-10" double crusted pie.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup shortening butter flavored
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 egg beaten
- Combine flour salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until it resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, combine the water vinegar and egg.
- Add liquid to the flour mixture 1 tbsp at a time until it forms a soft dough (you may not need to use all the liquid)
- Chill for 30 minutes before shaping into 2 disks; wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill over night.
- Allow the dough to sit for about 15-20 minutes on the counter before rolling it out.