Mocha Chocolate Chunk Brownies
A rich fudgy brownie with just a hint of coffee in the background.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coffee (strong brewed )
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (semisweet or bittersweet )
*Mocha Latte Ganache Topping*
- 8 oz milk chocolate (chopped or chips)
- 4 oz white chocolate (chopped or chips)
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 5 tbsp coffee syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease or line a 9""x9"" pan.
- In a small sauce pan melt together butter, coffee and unsweetened chocolate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together sugars, eggs and vanilla on high until light and creamy.
- Reduce speed and gradually beat in the chocolate mixture.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are just barely set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the milk chocolate, white chocolate, heavy cream and coffee syrup.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth; if necessary return to the microwave for up to 10 seconds at a time.
- Allow to cool slightly then spread over the top of the brownies.
- Once the glaze has set cut the brownies into 3""x3"" squares or for smaller servings 1.5""x1.5"" squares.
- Store in a sealed container.